Sunday, July 10, 2016

DIY Seven Segment Breakout Board project

Doing Micro controller project is to expensive. A simple LED breakout board can cost a lot for hobbyist or for student if it is ordered online but if you have lots of junk PCB board with LED you can make your own LED breakout board. A single LED is easy to build, what if , if  you want to build your own  seven segment display breakout board, by the way Seven segment display is made of LED's,  the solution is dig your junk , find  scrap  that is suited to your project.  Here I found the old Communication Port, I    pull out the pin headers, to be used as header pin for seven segment display breakout board.  The seven segment is already in my box, I know I can use it in the future's project so I kept it before.  The procedure! you can see it in the picture below.   Later I'll update this for circuit connection.